Monthly Archives: June 2013
Love is the greatest feeling.
Love is like a play.
Love is what I feel for you, each and everyday.
Love is like a smile.
Love is like a song.
Love is a great emotion, that keeps us going strong.
I love you with my heart, my soul, and strength.
I might be shy, but I cant help but think, this is who we were ment to be.
Me and You for eternity!
The world holds so many priceless things.
The falling rain.
The wind that sings.
An oysters’ pearl.
Chasitys’ angel wings.
The world can be dreary and sad.
With storms up above and the lightning that flashed.
The Darkest nights.
The moon lit bright.
And stars that shine.
The world can be Beautiful and Happy.
The rainbows of colors.
The friendship of love.
And so pretty as a dove.
The world can be lonley and cold.
With ice storms so bold.
And no one to hold.
So many priceless things.
If there ever came a time in life where a gun was pointed at your head
Would you be able to die for Jesus and not have any regrets?
Missionaries become martyrs every single day
If God told you to become a missionary, what would you have to say?
Stephen became a martyr in Acts 7:58
Where people started stoning him with crucifying hate.
You will get the crown of life
If this is the way you die.
It may be scary, freightening, and bad
But dying for Jesus, shows how much love you have.
Why we are friends_
Because… We smile.
Because… You understand just by looking into my eyes.
Because… We finish eachothers sentences.
Because… Being with you, I’m not afraid to be myself.
Because… I can tell you my deepest secrets.
Because… Everything we do together becomes a memory.
Because… We dont need to do something special to have fun, fun just happens.
Because… I dont need to explain anything, you just know.
Because… We tell eachother the truth, no matter how much it’s gonna hurt.
Because… You can make me laugh so hard that I cry.
Because… I can trust you with anything.
Because… You dry my tears.
Because… You love me for who I am, not for who i’m not.
In-line skating is an activity where people glide over a surface on in-line skates, which are light weight boots with three-five wheels attached in a line under the foot.
In 1743 the first recorded use of roller-skates was in a London stage performance. The inventor is lost in History.
In 1760 the first recorded skate invention was by John Joseph Merlin. It was an inline skate with metal wheels.
In 1819 the first patented Roller-skate design, was in France by M. Petitbled. They were very difficult to skate in or do anything but move in a straight line.
In 1863 the four-wheeled turning roller-skate with four wheels side-by-side was first designed in New York by James Leonard Plimpton. The skate contained a rubber cushion that allowed the skater to skate a curve just by leaning to one side.. It was a huge success, so much that the first public skating rink was opened in 1866 in Newport, Rhode Island.
In 1876 the top stop was first patented. This provided skaters with the ability to stop promptly upon tipping the skate onto the toe. Toe stops are still used today, on most four wheeled side-by-side skates and on some inline skates.
In 1979 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Scott and Brennan Olson came across a pair of inline skates, created by the Chicago Roller-skate Company. A few years later Scott Olson began promoting the skates and launched the company Roller blade, Inc,.
During the late 1980’s and early 1990’s the Roller blade-branded skates became so successful that they inspired many other companies to create similar inline skates. The inline design became more popular than the traditional quad skates.
There’s many things needed to start before you begin roller-skating. First you need protective gear, such as; wrist guards, elbow pads, knee pads, but especially a helmet . Which can reduce from brain injury or even death.
There are many types of skates you are able to buy. There are Recreational skates. Recreational skates are most popular, because its the simplest and most modern skate. It has a soft boot construction. Which makes it lighter, more comfortable, and can make it more breathable. Recreational skates also have a number of different closure systems. Such as standard lacing and ratchet buckles. Its use is for simply going down a street in a neighborhood, a bike trail , or just to enjoy skating around for fun. If this is why you want to skate, then these are the skates for you!
Another type of skate is the Fitness skates. Modern fitness skates were originally designed for fitness training for ice hockey players. But today, fitness skates are designed specifically for those individuals who seek to utilize their skates for getting in shape, or skating very frequently. Fitness skates will typically have faster bearing and larger wheels to generate for lengthy skates. Additionally, skate weight is lower for this same reason. Fitness skating is a fast-paced, exciting activity that offers a lot more than your treadmill or yoga ball will. Fitness skating will generate little wear-and-tear on your joints and bones. Also, fitness skating can burn as many calories as running! If you plan on using your skates to get into shape, or taking fast adventures, then fitness skates are likely the best option for you.
And another skate is the racing inline skates. These skates are for the serious skater who is looking for competition. Racing skates are the fastest skate available, due to the use of advanced inline skating technology. The purpose is simple: To go fast! Racing skates are very lightweight. They also utilize a maximum of five wheels, with no break. The boots design is much like a shoe, with a soft boot, reinforced with carbon fiber. The cuff is lower cause a taller boot means more weight. The wheels are very large in diameter to give the racer more speed and better acceleration. If your looking for competition, to go fast , or to go crazy and have fun then these are the skates for you.
As you get more advanced in your skating you’ll soon be able to do tricks. There are many tricks that you are able to do in roller blades. There’s a crossover turn, its and advanced turning technique in which the left and right skates are crossed over each other for faster turns. And once you get that trick down , you can try to do it backwards!
Stair riding is also and extreme skating style. It takes the skater down a set of stairs.
These tricks would be more for the advanced skaters. When you first get your skates , you’ll first have to learn how to roller-skate forward. And after you mastered that, you can try to learn how to skate backwards. Because you cant launch off a half pipe or grind down a railing before you know how to skate down a sidewalk!
Before you inline skate for the first time, beginners should assess the skating surface for slight hills, small cracks, debris, water and oil. Skaters should avoid these obstacles because they can make the skater unexpectedly slip or slide. Beginners should also skate in a traffic-free area to avoid collisions with cars, bikes, pedestrians and other skaters.
Today there are the X Games, a sort of miniature Olympics for extreme sports. Athletes from around the world gather for this event to show just how extreme they can be. They compete to see who can grab the biggest air, hit highest speeds, and perform the most difficult stunts. The winner for each sport is given a gold medal and the title of “Most Extreme Athlete on the Planet.”
Jenny Curry was only 13 when she won the national inline skate series Women’s Street Championship in 1997. The following year she won the gold medal for Women’s Street Skating at the 1998 X Games, in San Diego.
There are two kinds of aggressive skating; “street” and “vert.” Street-style skating was developed by skaters who lived in the city and used the world around them as their playground. They would skate on curbs, steps, railings, benches, and other objects like an obstacle course. Street skating can be very dangerous, not only to the skater but also to ones who are walking, the cars driving and other sorts of things. That is why skating in the street or public places in illegal in many towns and cities. And vert skating gets its name from vertical (up and down) ramps.
I own Recreational inline skates and I love them. I do believe if you love to skate you can have an enjoyable time. Even if your a beginner or an advanced professional. It’s a fun, energetic, healthy way to get into shape! (;
What Are the Advantages of Being a Vegetarian?
(What is a Vegetarian?)
A vegetarian is someone who does not consume any types of meat or seafood. Some also avoid eating dairy products and eggs.
The most often-cited benefit for becoming a vegetarian is better health, but people who choose to forgo meat may do so for other advantageous reasons.
• Vegetarians can list a number of reasons for their lifestyle choice, including better health, economice advantages, animal rights, ecoogical concerns, discovery of interesting and f;avorful vegetables and grains, and more. Most begin a vegetarian diet for health reasons or ethical concers and the discover other advantages as they continue on the path.
• A large amount of scientific study indicates that a vegetarian diet of whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seed, along with regular exercise, is associated with lower blood pressure and lower blood cholesterol, less heart disease, less obesity, and fewer incidences of stroke, diabetes, osteoporosis, diverticulitis, gallstones, rheumatoid arthritis, renal disease, cancer and dementia. The health benefits occur due to lower consumption of cholesterol, saturated fat and animal protein, as well as higher intakes of complex carbohygrates and essential vitamins and minerals. There also typically is increased fiber intake, as animal products provide no fiber at all.
• HIgh-quality protein from beans and legumes is much less expensive than protein derived from meat. Vegetarians often find that their grocery bill go down as they avoid meat, which tends to be higher-priced than vegetarian fare. However, a problem can arise because vegetarians typically are interested in health or become more interested in healthy options as they pursue the lifestyle, leading them to perfer fresh, organic and natural food, which is more expensive as a rule than standard commercial and processed items. The health benefits can be considered a huge economic advantage as well.
• It’s common for people to become vegetarians because they are uncomfortable with the idea of killing animals for food, particulary with increased awareness of the cruelty to animals that occurs in factory farms and slaughterhouses. People who continue to eat meat even while the moral issues bother them are forced to look the other way or feel some degree of guilt, while vegetarians often become invloved in animal right organizations to further the cause of more humane treatment.
• Vegetarians can certainly have an unhealthy diet, if they choose to eat a lot of processed foods and fast food. High-calorie French fries, high-sugar soda, high-sodium chips and snacks, cheap processed baked goods, and excessive amounts of high-fat cheese do not contribute to overall health.
• For a vegetarian to obtain required nutrients, the best diet includes whole foods and avoiding processed foods, with 3 to 5 sefvings of vegetables, 2 to 4 servings of fruit, 3 to 5 servings of whole grain, 2 to 3 servings of beans and legumes, a small amount of a variety of nuts and seeds, and an occasional portion of egss and dairy products if desired. This simple diet provides the basics of a beneficial vegetarian lifestlye.
17 Benefits of being a Vegetarian-
1. Lower risk of lung and colorectal cancer; A diet filled with fruits, vegetables, and fiber can help reduce the risk of lung disease and related illnesses.
2. Preventionof Type 2 diabetes; Type 2 diabetes is becoming more common witht he rise of obesity around the world, and vegetarian diets may even prevent it by including complex carbs and fiber thst help the body manage insulin more effciently.
3. Healthy skin; Diets rich in water-based and plant foods are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamins-ideal for healthier skin every season.
4. Chemical-free food; Meat based ddiets in animal cells and fats, along with chemicals and by products used on the animals during processing. This can include chemicals sprayed on the dead animal, preservatives, and other unnatural ingredients used for packaging and mass distributation.
5. Hormone-free eating; Fruits, vegetables, and soy products are never injected with growth hormones and other chemicals that may harm the human body.
6. Increased energy; With the body spending less time digesting animal protein, an energy boost is a nice effect.
7. Lover blood pressure; Vegan and vegetarian diets can be naturally low in fat and sodium, helping reduce blood pressure and improve circulation instead.
8. Improved digestion; Plant-based foods and fresh fruit are rich in fiber, improvng the digestion and elimination process. High fiber diets have also been linked to preventing certain types of cancer.
9. Lowered rick of diabetes; Steady blood sugar is easily achieved with a nutritions vegetarian diet, and the cycle of blood sugar peaks and crashes is almst eliminated without the meat and unhealthy carb combinations.
10. Lower grocery shopping bills; By shopping the permieter of the grocery store and stocking up on high-fiber, highly nutritious food, vegetarians can eliminate almost 25% of their food budgets without pounds of meat on the bill. In some cases this balances out if the vegetarian shopper chooses to buy premium veg brands and gourmet ingredients, but the average cost do tend to be much lower per trip.
11. Toxin-free food; Some studies suggest that when animals experience fear, the adrenaline rush causes a release of epinephrine, steroids and other stress hormones into the bloodstream. These are then ingested by the meat eater, presenting a rango of toxins that can accumulate in the blood.
12. Healthy amino acids; plant-based proteins (Soy) can be an excellent source of amino acids that help with protein assimilation and metabolism.
13. Low or no saturated fat; Vegetarian menus typicaly use all-natural oils and cooking methods to enhance flavor. This is free of unhealthy saturated fat which can lead to a variety of heart problems and cardiovascular disease.
14. Incecreased life span; With the body in harmony and free of harmful toxins and chemical buildup, vegetarians may live longer than their fellow meat eaters. According to William Cstelli, director for the Farmingham Heart study, vegetarians can live up to 3-6 years longer than meat-eaters.
15. Appreciation fpr simple flavors; After elimination meat from the ddiet, it bcomes much easier to differentiate flavors and get a real taster for fruits and vegetables, Paletts can become much more sensitive to different flavors, textures, and combinations.
16. Healthy cholesterol levels; Without unhealthy meat and fat source in the diet, cholesterol leves of vegetarians can be considerably lower and easily fall into a healthy range.
17. Lowers the risk of cancer; With a diet rich on antioxidants, phytochemical, and vitamins, vegetarians naturally lower their risk of cancer andother diseases. MEat eaters, especially thoes that indulge in fatty meats are at a much higher risk of cancer.
From eating more nutritious food and lowering the risk of cancer, the vegetarian lifestyle offers many advantages over a meat-based diet. Dining and grcery options for vegetarians are improving as more poeple embrace this lifestyle for the long-term. 😉
June 24, 2013
Joshua 1:6 (a)
“Be ye strong and of a good courage.”
Thank you, for giving me this verse. Please, continue helping me to have courage. Give me strength, dear LORD. Please put a revival in my heart, and let it begin within me, and let it go out towards my family. My mom, Brandon, Kyle and my dad. I want this for my family. But especially I need this for my family. I can’t do this alone. I need support from my family, but I especially need support from You!
I love you, LORD.
Let me begin to say, at teen camp this year there was a message on Tuesday. And the preacher, Bro. Tim Ruhl, said, ‘If you were to loose everything, friends, family, etc, would you still be content with just God?”
That right there, kicked me straight in the gut! I thought about it to myself all that day and night and the rest of the week! I knew that if everything in my life was to leave, I wouldnt be content. Because I need my family, I need my friends, they help me and encourage me. So I didnt think I could ever be content without my family or friends. Cause I dont know what I’d do if something was to happen to my best friends Maddy and Jesse. I couldn’t live without my church family. At that time, at camp, I would not be okay or content with just God. And I knew that was wrong. But I didnt know how to fix it. How am I supposed to change how I feel? So I’d pray and ask God to help me with it. Cause I have no idea how to help myself, I needed somebody else to help me. And I knew the only person who could help me would be God.
But today, it hit me straight across my face. I dont know exactly what it is or what it was, but it came to my attention and I thought, “Why? Why couldn’t I live with just God?” I didnt have an answer. But I do know something inside of me just clicked! And as I prayed and told God that I was sorry for feeling that way. Cause if I was the only person on earth, Jesus still would of died on the cross for my sins. He would of been content to die jsut for me, if I was the only one. So why couldn’t I be the same way for Him? So as I pondered and thought about this, I beagn to cry. Because I haven’t lived the way Christ would want me to live. So I prayed and prayed and told God I was sorry.
So I now can honestly say that if everyone I know was to die or turn their backs on me, I know 100% sure that I would be okay with just God. He keeps me going, He’s my encouragement when I’m alone and sad. And today He showed me that. I prayed and thanked God for Him showing me this today. I told him, “LORD, I feel like a huge burden has been lifted up off of me, thank you, LORD!”
I am okay with just God. And I;m so blessed that God has showed me this today. I dont know what I’d do without my God. 🙂
I love you, Jesus!